scratches head
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

castledoom.com -> Castelain's Office

#1: scratches head Author: ExarKunLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:15 am
    —
What exactly happened? Never seen this place blackout for 3 days.

#2:  Author: BrfLocation: Belvidere, Illinois PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:21 am
    —
MY guess is that a router was out somewhere.
JuntaJoe claimed he could reach the website controlpanel during the outage, while I could not. Also, it took several minutes to connect the first time this morning, both from work and home.... Therefore, I am thinking it was the routing to get to the site, rather than the site itself.

#3:  Author: JuntaJoeLocation: Texas PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:30 pm
    —
We got a response finally:

Quote:
SORRY! Really sorry. We had what we believed was a hard drive failure. We tried to fix this in various ways, finally replaced the HDD and finished transferring the domains from Sunday's backup. Just to see the exact same problem reoccuring. Only now, since 30 minutes, are all sites up again. it turned out to be a openSSL problem, a clash with Apache 2 as it is pre-installed by cPanel software. The error, however, was a "segmentation fault" error, which usually indicates a physical problem.
My apologies. Server is finally stable now.

#4:  Author: ExarKunLocation: USA PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:47 pm
    —
Well it's back up so good enough I guess. Didn't cause major harm to us, just annoying as hell.

castledoom.com -> Castelain's Office

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 6 Hours

Page 1 of 1